home              about              shop              contact

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hello 30, It's Me, Brooke

This week I turned 30 years old. I'm going to be honest, I had a bit of a freak out. Granted, I've always been prone to an existential life crisis here and there, so it was of no surprise. I had very rigid clear cut goals for myself to accomplish by the time I reached, what I considered milestone, and needless to say, I reached very few of them. I am well aware that 30 is young and I have my whole life ahead of me, as I've parroted these exact words to my husband 6 years ago, but telling yourself that is something quite different.

For the most part my 20 were wonderful. They were filled with education, art, adventure, travel, love, and friends. They were also filled with mental turmoil and immense heartache. I can honestly say I embraced them to the fullest extent.

Twenty-nine was one of my favorite years out of the decade. I got to take a once and a lifetime road trip with my father back to the state of my birth, we settled in a bit more into our house, and we added a new addition to the family, our new rescue dog Ernie (who Penny thinks is the best thing on Earth). Twenty-nine was a good year. I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos of the past year, while looking forward to whatever lies ahead in the future.

Fulfilling a childhood dream
Daddy & Me

Ernie!


1 comments:

Cassy G said...

Happy Belated Birthday! In exactly one month I, too, will be 30. I am also freaking out about it because I have honestly accomplished nothing that I imagined. Anyway I love the picture of you with your dad!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...