home              about              shop              contact

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pattern Clashing: Hit or Miss?

Today I decided to play around with my new $8.00 dress. I own two black dresses, both with white polka dots, but this is the newest of the two, and the dots have quite a different pattern than the other. Because I tend to wear more color and patterns, I have a hard time dressing black. Simply choosing a cardigan and pair of tights to go with the dress seemed rather daunting. I decided on one of my favorite cardigans that oddly, rarely makes it out of my closet.

To be honest, I'm not totally sure it worked, but I tried! Color-wise it went well together, but I did notice more than a few side eyes today. Oh, well!





OOTD Details:

Dress: eShakti
Cardigan: Old Navy
Tights: Walmart

I had a $30 off coupon for eShakti and this dress was on sale for $38.00, so I decided to go for it, even though I wasn't totally sold on the pattern. I wanted more black in wardrobe since I don't have any and I figured I'd step out of my box and try something different. Plus at $8.00 I figured, why not? The cut and fit is great which works out nicely, because they have solid dresses in the same style that I may have to get. Overall, it's definitely more of a graphic print that I'm used to, so I'm going to have to get used to it, but I like it. I'm not sure whether or not the cardigan choice was a hit or miss though. What do you think?

3 comments:

geetabix said...

I think it works!

Teezy said...

Oh. My Gob. I LOVE the pattern clashing in this outfit! You got side looks because people were like, "Whoa I gotta look at that fierceness twice."

Nigel syin said...

Pattern clashing with a cardie is always fun. When you think it doesn't work it really does. Looks great...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...