home              about              shop              contact

Monday, September 16, 2013

Peter Pan & the Post Office

Ever since we moved to a rural town we've been spending our weekends exploring our new community. One of the gems I stumbled upon a few months ago while picking up a package was our local post office. Although it has the inconveniently painful hours of 8:30am to 4:00pm M-F, the Postmaster is willing to let you come to the back door after hours for a chat and to pick up what you need. Ah, I love small towns. Before I knew this however, I went in, without knowing I was late, and realized I had gone back in time. The post office has not been changed since it opened in 1930. All of it's original post boxes are there along with the fixtures and fittings. I told my husband that he had to see it. So, while we were out wondering yesterday we decided to stop by since it was Sunday and no one would be inside. It's just such a lovely building with so much detail. It makes me want to order things just to have to pick them up at the office.

I also took advantage of the lovely surroundings to take an OOTD photo. eShakti put out their Fall line last week and I fell in love with a few of their pieces, but one in particular especially caught my eye.







OOTD Details:

Dress: eShakti
Cardigan: Target
Shoes: Target

I know I say this all the time, but this is my favorite dress. This dress makes me wonder why I even own a pair of jeans. Just as an aside, I literally only own one pair of trousers and they are a pair of jeans. This dress was also available in eggplant, but I had already bought this one, by the time they released it in that color. Currently this dress is sold out, but when they have more, which I'm hoping they will, I'll be buying it in eggplant as well. I think it will look so great in the fall, with tights and brogues or boots. There are just so many possibilities.


2 comments:

Cassy G said...

What a neat old post office! The ones near me are new, but at the same time kind of dingy and icky. I hate going. What is not icky is your dress, though, it looks fantastic on you!!

Sabrina said...

oh my god your outfit is so perfect!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...