home              about              shop              contact

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hey Good Lookin', Watcha Got Cookin'

Hi Everyone! Today I thought I'd share with you a fun twist on a favorite recipe that I found on Pinterest. I grew up with vegetarian lasagna and have always enjoyed making it, but when I saw a fun spin on it I had to try it and share it with y'all. 

First put on your apron, or protective cooking gear, I don't know about y'all, but I'm not one of those people that can keep food off of me or the sides of the dishes, (which is evident in the photos), while I'm cooking. 


The recipe on Pinterest only called for ricotta cheese, spinach, one egg, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper for the filling, but that's not what I'm used to so I changed it to fit my taste.

Here was I used:

I'm not promoting or anything, I just always buy store brand.
15oz Ricotta Cheese
10 oz of frozen (thawed) chopped spinach
3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 egg
5 artichoke hearts (I bought a jar)
3 fire roasted peppers (I bought a jar)
1 box of lasagna noodles
I also used garlic salt and pepper to my taste

Step 1

I put the water on to boil for my noodles and set the oven to pre-heat at 350˚F while I chopped the artichoke hearts and peppers, and squeezed all the excess liquid out of the spinach. Once that was completed, I combined everything into a bowl.


Step 2

Take the hot noodles out of the water and run them under a cold tap to make sure they don't stick together. Ideally, they should be soft enough to work with, but firm enough not to tear. There's kind of a fine line.

Once they are cool enough to handle, stretch them out on a clean surface and fill begin to spread a thin bit of filling in each noodle.


It actually will take less than you think, because as you begin to roll them, the noodle will push the filling along.

I really liked the way they looked at this stage. You'll continue to do this until you've used all of your filling and noodles.

Step 3

Put each roll side by side in a pre-oiled dish.


I then covered the rolls with a layer of mozzarella before adding a layer of sauce.


Step 4

Cover the dish with foil and put in the pre-heated for 30 to 45 min.

Step 5

Enjoy!


The whole process takes about an hour from start to eat, but it's really enjoyable, and what I like most about it is the fact that you can freeze these. Let me know if you try it out and what you think of this fun twist on an old classic!

1 comments:

Cassykins said...

This looks delicious! I definitely want to try it, though it might take a while since no one else in my family would eat this lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...