home              about              shop              contact

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Major Clean

My best friend and his partner are arriving within the next hour and I am so very excited! I haven't seen him since I moved from London, (2 years ago!) and he's now become a successful painter and we have so much to catch up on. I've been going insane this past week preparing for their arrival. So much so my husband has been trying to get me to just relax. He even found my favorite old facial mask that I also haven't seen since I moved from London. Last night I came to the realization that it doesn't matter if our house looks perfect, because that's not the point, spending time with my best friend is. Today, I decided to use my face mask and paint my nails, the usual girly stuff that takes the edge off and it worked. Now, everything is drying while the candles are making the house smell nice and less like dog and I'm just keeping my eye on the clock.

I did get some photos of my face mask to share though, cause I thought y'all enjoy it!


 

I love this stuff. It smells so nice and your skin feels amazing afterwards. Not to mention, after being so high strung like I was, it was exactly what I needed to relax. 

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I hope you all have a great time! How could you not?! You sound like you've got quite a bond that even a little bit of time couldn't break. :)

geetabix said...

I think I would like to give myself a face mask. Thanks for the idea! I had people over last weekend and was also super stressed about cleaning, but you're totally right, the whole point was hanging out and enjoying the company.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...