1.) Ira Glass and This American Life: Be still my beating heart. A beautiful man who tells beautiful stories. Love the radio show and the television show.
2.) Memphis, TN: I lived there when I was a kid and went back with a group of my English friends in 2007. It's a totally magical place that often gets overlooked for it's brilliance. It is so filled with history, but all of that usually gets lost because of Elvis. I'd love to move back someday, as it's one of my favorite places on Earth.
3. Chuck Close: I'm just going to say wow for this one. I mean honestly, how is this a painting? I saw and exhibition of his work at the White Cube and it was amazing. While I was there I picked up a limited edition signed retrospective book of his work. It is now one of my most prized posessions.
5. Iggy Pop: I've loved him for years and after missing chances to see him live countless times, I finally caught a break in 2008. My best friend Nick took me to a festival in Clapham Common where he was playing with the Stooges. It was amazing. Here's a photo from the show.
6. Louis Theroux: I don't know if you've noticed from this post, but I have a definite type and it's clever guys with black glasses and big noses. Ahhh. Louis Theroux is one of those men. His book, Call of the Weird was fantastic and his shows are of course great.
7. Flight of the Conchords: Soooooo funny and sweet!!!!!!
8. Amy Poehler: She's totally my girl crush. From 'The Upright Citizens Brigade', to 'SNL', to 'Parks and Recreation', she is always flawlessly funny.
9. Psychoville: I don't even know what to say about this one. Just strange, uncomfortable, dark humor at its very best.
10. Cream of Wheat: This one is because I'm super sick and nothing sounds good except for simple tasty Cream of Wheat. It's not for everyone, but when I'm sick, it's my go-to food.