1. Freaks and Geeks: How can you not love it? I watched it when it was on tv, I lamented it's cancellation, bought the DVD set the day it was released, and now see everything the cast has been in since. I honestly think it was one of the best shows that has ever been on television and if you haven't seen it, Netflix it, rent it, or do whatever you need to do to see it, because it is flawlessly perfect.
2. Ceiling Stars: I had them when I was a kid and my husband bought some for me for Christmas year. I find them very calming.
3. Henry Darger: I mentioned in the last Lazy Sunday post that I am a lover of 'Outsider' Art. Henry Darger is probably the most famous artist to fit in the 'Outsider' category. I saw an exhibition of his work at the Inner Worlds Outside exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery in 2006. It was very impressive and difficult to believe that it was less than a sliver of his work. If you have a chance there is a documentary that recently came out about him called In the Realms of the Unreal.
4. The Hunterian Museum: While in college I visited this collection, at the Royal College of Surgeons, once a week to sketch their amazing collection of bones. If you're interested in medical history and medical oddities, than you'll love this place. I did a lot of research there for my thesis and got to know one of the anatomists fairly well.
5. Moleskine Planners: I get one every year. Everything about it is great, the world map, the layout, the pocket in the back. They are worth the extra money.
6. Donkeys: They are just so cute!
7. Typewriters: This little beauty is mine.
8. I ♥ Huckabees: I know, I know, this movie got slammed, but I really enjoyed it. I love the idea of existential detectives.
9. Alfred Hitchcock:
10. Specimen Boxes: